There have been a number of news headlines that have caught my attention this Christmas in relation to the persecution of Christians.
Thousands of Coptic Christians clashed with police in southern Egypt on Thursday during a funeral procession for seven people shot dead as they left a Christmas service hours earlier.
And in Malaysia churches have been firebombed, as reported by the BBC.
Three churches have been attacked in Malaysia’s capital Kuala Lumpur, ahead of protests by Muslim groups.
The administrative offices of one church were destroyed by a firebomb attack and one of the other two churches attacked was slightly damaged.
Some Muslim groups are angry at a court decision allowing non-Muslims to use the word Allah to refer to God.
The government of the mainly Muslim nation has condemned the attacks on the churches and vowed to take action.
About 60% of Malaysians are Malay Muslims and the government relies on their vote.
And in the good old UK the trendies and the militant atheists still continue to try and marginalise and disenfranchise anyone showing a sniff of Christian faith as per the title in the Daily Telegraph.
BBC is driving religion ‘to the margins’, says Simon Mayo
I have this horrible feeling that this will be the decade of persecution of Christians, especially in Muslim controlled lands and also a big ramp up of the marginalisation of Christians in the UK.
Related articles by Zemanta
- Muslims, Christians set homes ablaze in Egypt (msnbc.msn.com)
- -Egypt: 7 Killed Leaving Coptic Christmas Eve Mass (Jan. 6) (answersforthefaith.com)
- Suspects in Egypt attack that killed 7 deny charges (ctv.ca)
- ‘Allah’ Feud In Malaysia: Fourth Church Firebombed (huffingtonpost.com)
- Egypt Christians clash with police after Christmas murders (calgaryherald.com)
- Malaysian Churches Attacked In ‘Allah’ Row (huffingtonpost.com)
- 4th church firebombed in Allah dispute (cnn.com)
- Malaysia: Churches firebombed amid Allah dispute (cnn.com)
- Suspects in Egypt Christmas attack deny killing 7 (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Fourth Malaysian church attacked in ‘Allah’ feud (seattletimes.nwsource.com)